Sunday Morning Worship:
8:45 am & 11 am (Sanctuary)
Sunday Evening Worship:
5 pm (Table Service in Highland Hall)
Please note: 9 am Sunday School and 10 am worship continues through Aug. 27; No 8:45 am Service or Sunday School on Sept. 4
Classes meet weekly in person at 10 am, except Sept. 4 or where noted.
- Book of Matthew (Advanced Class)
- Grace, Gratitude & Giving (Wonder Years)
- Book of Mark (Reformed Class)
- Parenting Focus (Bridges & Crossroads Combined Class)
- Celebrating Sabbath (PW Women Class)
- Discovering the Bible (NEW Class)
- Stained Glass Windows of IPC Tour (New Class)
- Young Adult Class (meets Sunday afternoons)
- Youth Sunday School
- Youth Group, 6-7:30 pm
- Youth Sunday School
Catechesis of the Good Shepherd
- Toddler Atrium (ages 2)
- Atrium Level I (ages 3-5K)
- Atrium Level 2 (grades 1-3)
- Atrium Level 3 (grades 4-6)
- Nursery care: 8:30 am – Noon for infants born after 9/1/20
- Worship care: 11 am - Noon for 3s-5K
Connect During the Week
- Curbside Dinner
- Bible Study with the Pastor
- Parent's Date Night (first Wednesday of the month)
- Youth MidWeek Meetup
- Youth Grant Team
- Children's Midweek Programming
- IPC Kids Fun Nights (first Wednesday of the month)
Adult Weekday Faith Formation
- Monday: A Home for Faith, Bible Study with Lucy Turner, Bible Study with Margaret Northern
- Tuesday: Intercessory Prayer Group, Centering Prayer, Tapestries
- Wednesday: Women at the Well, Book Review Group
- Thursday: Bible Study with Rev. Susan Clayton, Aly's Group, Knitting, Young Adults Small Group
- Friday: Bill Shanks Men's Bible Study
Together in Fellowship
- Beer & Hymns (every third Monday)
- IPC Connect (various Thursday evenings)
- Grace Groups (Oct. 9 - Nov. 17)
- IPC Bridge Group (every Monday and Wednesday)
- Yoga (every Monday and Wednesday)
- Dinners for Eight (three times a year)
- Knitting Group (every Thursday)
Explore our groups and special activities by ministry areas to find all the ways you can connect with IPC.
Fall Events at IPC
Date Night is designed to be a nudge for the couples at IPC. A nudge to have a conversation. A nudge to laugh. A nudge to think. A nudge to break out of our normal routines. Drop off your kids (grades k5-6th grade) for a Kid's Fun Night on the first Wednesday night of the month : (Sept. 7, Oct. 5 & Nov. 2) while you and your partner enjoy a couple of hours together. Cultivated date night kits are provided or use the time to recharge in any way you need. Childcare for babies - 4s provided by the IPC Childcare staff.
Sign up to join IPC members for our Dinners for Eight. Couples and singles are invited to dine in members' homes three times a year. Please contact Fairy Sutherland to sign up or if you have questions.
Celebrate fall with your IPC Connect friends at Carrigan's Beer Garden in Lakeview. There is no admission charge and all food and drinks are self-pay. The registration is for headcount only to help us plan. Bring the entire family for some great fun, food, and fellowship. All ages are welcome!
Habitat for Humanity
Sign up to join IPC for this year’s Habitat for Humanity Build alongside fellow Birmingham-area churches in the Presbytery of Sheppards and Lapsley. Construction will take 6-8 weeks with sign-up dates on Fridays and Saturdays starting September 8.
Provide and serve dinner for the women and children staying at First Light the weeks of Oct. 2-8 and Dec. 4-10.
Save the Date! On Sunday, Oct. 16, 2022, from 2 - 6 pm, IPC will hold a crop drop to pack produce to be shared with those in need.
Harvest for Hunger
Participate in special call for members Oct. 16 - Nov. 20 to stock the food pantry shelves for the holiday season. You can also make a financial contribution to pay for the purchase of fresh and frozen food to supplement the non-perishable items.
Donations can be dropped off or sent via a delivery service Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm to IPC Community Ministries' entrance on 31st Street South.
Do You Receive Our Weekly eNewsletters?
Find the latest details, registration forms, and more in our congregational e-newsletters. Please add or update your contact information.