Morning Worship: 8:45 am & 11 am (Sanctuary)
Table Evening Worship: 5 pm (Highland Hall)
We welcome the Long family to IPC on Sunday, Sept. 12. Rev. Long will preach at our 8:45 am, 11 am, and 5 pm worship services. Second Sunday Supper with a boxed dinner to follow the evening worship service.
Sunday Morning Faith Formation
Classes meet weekly in person at 10 am, except Sept. 5 or where noted.
- Advanced Class
- Wonder Years
- Reformed Class
- Crossroads (new class for Fall 2021)
- PW Women's Class (new class for Fall 2021)
- Youth Sunday School (7th-12th graders)
- Youth Confirmation Class (9th-10th graders)
- Youth Sunday Funday (Oct. 10 only)
- Youth Sunday School (7th-12th graders)
Catechesis of the Good Shepherd
- Toddler Atrium (ages 2) (new class Fall 2021)
- Atrium Level I (ages 3-5K)
- Atrium Level 2 (grades 1-3)
- Atrium Level 3 (grades 4-6)
- Children's Sunday Funday (Oct. 10 only)
- Nursery care: 8:30 am – 12 pm for infants born after 9/1/19
- Worship care: 11 am - 12 pm for 3s-5K
IPC Welcome Hour
Our Response to Covid-19 | Delta Variant
IPC's Task Force resumed meeting in July to review recent COVID-19 trends and monitor CDC recommendations, developing information on the Delta variant, and the rising cases of COVID-19 in Alabama.
Connect During the Week
Wednesday Nights (Sept. 1 - Nov. 17)
- Curbside Dinner
- Members in the Middle (Sept. 1 - Oct. 6)
- A Woman's Heart
- Parents Date Night (first Wednesday of the month)
- Children's Midweek Music & More
- IPC Kids Fun Nights (first Wednesday of the month)
- Youth MidWeek Meetup
Adult Weekday Faith Formation
- Monday: A Home for Faith, Book Review Group, Yoga with Rowena
- Tuesday: Centering Prayer, Tapestries
- Wednesday: Yoga with Rowena, Women at the Well, Bible Study with Margaret Northern
- Thursday: Bible Study with Rev. Susan Clayton, Aly's Group, Young Professionals Small Group, Young Adult Small Group
- Friday: Bill Shanks Men's Bible Study
Together in Fellowship
- Beer & Hymns (every third Monday)
- IPC Connect (various Thursday evenings)
- Grace Groups (Oct. 10 - Nov. 20)
- Hiking Group (every third Saturday)
- IPC Bridge Group (every Monday and Wednesday)
- Dinners for Eight (three times a year)
Download our 2021-2022 Ministry Brochure as well as our Youth and Children's Calendars below. Also, find more event details and applicable registration forms on our Sign Up Links page or in the congregational eUpdate newsletter sent on Thursday evenings. Subscribe to our newsletters.
Sign up to join IPC for this year’s Habitat for Humanity Build alongside fellow Birmingham-area churches in the Presbytery of Sheppards and Lapsley. Construction will take 6-8 weeks with sign-up dates on Fridays and Saturdays starting September 10.
Provide and serve dinner for the women and children staying at First Light Oct. 3-9. Great activity for a family or group!
We're helping Highlands UMC to provide 50 sacked lunches every Tuesday for the homeless.
Donations can be dropped off or sent via a delivery service Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm to IPC Community Ministries' entrance on 31st Street South.
Harvest for Hunger
Participate in special call for members Oct. 17 - Nov. 21 to stock the food pantry shelves for the holiday season. You can also make a financial contribution to pay for the purchase of fresh and frozen food to supplement the non-perishable items.
Rev. Kevin Long begins preaching Sept. 12.
Groups meet in various places or via Zoom for size weeks, Oct. 10 - Nov. 20. Fall Term Suggested Study is Acts: Catching Up With the Spirit by Matthew L. Skinner.
Evensong is the Service of Evening Prayer sung at the onset of evening to mark the close of the day with gratitude, and to compose the mind and renew the spirit for the coming week. Join us in the sanctuary on Sept. 19 and Oct. 3 for a service performed by a select group of singers from the IPC Choir.
November Organ Recital
Since 1965, this organ series has continued to attract people to IPC from the Birmingham community and beyond. Free concerts are held every Sunday in November in the Sanctuary. It features the Joseph W. Schreiber Memorial Organ built by Dobson Pipe Organ Builders Ltd.
Save the date for our Confirmation Retreat on Saturday Aug. 28, Confirmation Luncheon on Sunday, Nov. 7, and Confirmation Sunday on Nov. 14.
3rd - 5th Grade Bible Retreat & Presentations
3rd-5th graders are invited to a Bible retreat on Saturday, Sept. 25, and the church will present them with their Bible on Sunday, Sept. 26, during the 11 am worship service.
Save the date for Sunday, Oct. 24. IPC will host its annual event at the Children's Fresh Air Farm.
We hope to journey in 2022 and 2023. International: Chiapas, Mexico; Mwandi Mission, Zambia; Rwanda; Peru; and Malawi. National: US.-Mexico Border (young adult journey). Alabama: Black Belt Journey.
Do You Receive Our Weekly eNewsletters?
Find the latest details, registration forms, and more in our congregational e-newsletters. Please add or update your contact information.