Classes begin meeting September 8, 2020 zia Zoom unless noted.
- Book Review Group, 10:00 a.m. first Mondays. This women's group reads and discussions a new book each month. Ginni Robertson will lead discussion.
- Circle I, 8:39 a.m. second Tuesdays in the Garage and via Zoom. Susan Gilpin will lead this fall's PC(USA) Presbyterian Women study of "Into the Light: Finding Hope through Prayers of Lament" by Lynn Miller.
Coordinator: Paige Albright
- Tapestries with Rev. Susan Clayton, 12:00 p.m. first/third Tuesdays. This women's group discusses books from a number of genres: theology, spirituality, faith and culture, religious history, etc. Study this fall will be Barbara Brown Taylor's "Holy Envy".
Led by Rev. Susan Clayton.
- Social Justice Book Club, 5:30 p.m. fourth Tuesdays. A monthly book club for people of all ages who want to engage in a lively discussion of topics related to social justice issues and how they relate to our Christian Faith.
Facilitator: Rev. Susan Clayton
- Bible Study with Margaret Northen, 10:30- 11:45 a.m. This women's group focuses on Biblical interpretation and meaning.
- Women at the Well, Garage, 10:30 - 11:30 a.m. in-person (wearing masks and socially distanced) in the Garage at Highland Hall with a virtual conference call option. The study for winter/spring 2021 is Romans. All are welcome and you can join in at any time.
Coordinated by Leigh Ann Moor.
Contact Lisa Burton to receive information for participating by conference call from your home.
- Centering Prayer, 6:00 p.m. Deepen your relationship with the living Christ through interior silence. We will be centering with another church group via Zoom.
Facilitator: Rowena Macnab
- MOMs, Garage, 6:15 p.m. second Wednesdays. All mothers are welcome to join Ministry of Mothers for fellowship, book study and other events.
Facilitators: Allison Seamon and Anne Knox Averitt
- A Home for Faith, outside Highland Hall, 9:00- 10:00 a.m. from Oct. 7- Nov. 19. All IPC Day School and church mothers are invited to a discussion of Jen Hatmaker's "Out of the Spin Cycle: Devotions to Lighten Your Mother Load" Oct. 7 - Nov. 19. Email Stacy for childcare.
Childcare is available but registration with Stacy Pulliam is required.
- Bible Study with Rev. Susan Clayton, 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. Noonday Bible study of the Gospel Parallels.
Facilitators: Rev. Susan Clayton
- Young Adults Small Group, 7:00- 9:00 p.m. A weekly opportunity for young adults to gather for dinner, fellowship, book study and prayer.
Facilitator: Rev. David Seamon
- Bill Shanks’ Friday Morning Bible Study, 6:30 - 8:00 a.m. This weekly men's Bible study will look at both the Biblical texts of Philippians and Ruth.
Facilitator: Lee Walthall
- Catechist Small Group, 10:00 a.m. This group began in March 2020 as a way for our female catechists of all ages to connect socially during the pandemic. Since then, we have added other members. Anyone is welcome to join us to check in with each other, provide support, share our faith, and pray together.
Facilitators: Kay Roller and Enid Athanas
- Bible Study with Bill Casey A Bible study on William Barclay's "What the Bible Says About Christian Love." Barclay explores New Testament passages on what Christian love means.
Facilitator: Bill Casey
- Circle II Susan Dulin will lead this fall's PC(USA) Presbyterian Women study of "Into the Light: Finding Hope through Prayers of Lament" by Lynn Miller.
Facilitator: Paige Albright
- Grace Groups, Oct. 11- Nov. 20. See info below
Contact: Cindy Shaw
- IPC Hiking Monthly hikes are filled with fun, fellowship, and fitness. Find the group on Facebook through IPC's Facebook page.
Facilitator: Rowena Macnab
These small groups will meet at the church and via Zoom to study scripture Oct. 11- Nov. 20. Registration is required.
- 9 am | Garge: Women's study of "Charter of Christian Freedom" by Gordon Lindsey led by Karen Chapman
- 6:30 pm | Zoom: Study of "Jesus and the Disinherited" by Howard Thurman led by Paul Leaver
- 6:30 pm | Zoom: Study of "The Book of Joy" (pending approval) by Desmond Tutu & Dalai Lama led by Bo Grisham and Scott Gilpin
- 8:30 am | Labyrinth: Women's devotions, coffee, and journals led by Paige Albright
- 11 am: Knitting Group's study of "Charter of Christian Freedom" by Gordon Lindsey
- 11:30 am | Patio: Women's study of "Charter of Christian Freedom" by Gordon Lindsey led by Fairy Sutherland
- 5 pm | Patio: Study of "Jesus and the Disinherited" by Howard Thurman led by Steve Hunt