The Grantmaking Committee oversees distribution of IPC Foundation grants and distributions. The Committee, chaired by Susie Abbott, completed its annual grant cycle in November. After reviewing more than $3 million of requests, the Committe approved the following:
- Awarded 112 grants totalling $1,913,700
- Of that amount, the Youth Grant Team awarded eight organizations with grants totaling $20,000
- 73% of the amount
- awarded grant directly impact the Birmingham area
- 23% help developing nations
- 3% provide assistance to other parts of Alabama and the U.S.
- Grants provide support for domestic and global mission, medical services to the needy, education, summer learning and other general charitable assistance
A full list of 2018 IPC Foundation grant recipients is available online.