Christmas is just 25 days away! Independent Presbyterian Church wants to help you get into the Christmas spirit by spreading a little cheer this season. In honor of the Christ-child's birth, let's count down with 25 ways to be a blessing to others this Christmas.
1. Donate toys to First Light Women's Shelter by dropping off new toys in bins at IPC until December 5.
2. Stay overnight at First Light. Contact: Rev. Susan Clayton, email@example.com
3. Provide a meal to First Light for 70 guests. Contact: Rev. Susan Clayton, firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Make a gift to the Giving Tree and help local, national and international charities. (See pg. 7)
5. Bake cookies for the Holiday House tea and deliver to GH December 8. Contact: Judy Feagin, email@example.com
6. Park cars at Holiday House December 9- 10. Contact: Rusty Boyd, firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Serve as a Holiday House hostess December 9- 10 at www. ipc-usaorg.presencehost.net/connect/event/2017/12/09/holiday-house-hostess-sign-up
8. Purchase Holiday House tickets. (See pg. 3)
9. Volunteer at the IPC Advent Workshop December 3. Contact: Cindy Coulter, email@example.com.
10. Volunteer (even with your 3rd- 6th grade children or grandchildren) at STAIR Advent Workshop December 11 from 3:30- 4:45 pm. Contact: Cindy Coulter, firstname.lastname@example.org
11. Attend the Christmas Pageant December 10.
12. Support the IPC choirs at the Christmas Concert December 17.
13. Join Pantry Partners by signing up online.
14. Donate a coat to STAIR by December 4 at http://ipc-usa.org/connect/links.html
15. Sign up for a mission trip (See pg. 7)
16. Join Henry M. Edmonds Society. Learn more at www.ipc-usa.org/give/henry-m-edmonds-society. Contact: IPC Foundation Executive Director Denise Moore or Rev. Lucy Turner at 933-1830 for more information.
17. Serve at STAIR Christmas dinner. Contact: Evelyn Puckett, email@example.com
18. Deliver meals for Meals on Wheels. Contact: Rev. Susan Clayton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
19. Write grief anniversary cards. Contact: Caroline Thomas, email@example.com
20. Visit members who are homebound, lonely or hospitalized. Contact: Deby Wright, firstname.lastname@example.org
21. Pray for church members and send cards to those in special or difficult circumstances. Contact: Alice Christenson, email@example.com
22. Help members with home maintenance. Contact: Rev. Brian Lays, firstname.lastname@example.org.
23. Prepare or drive frozen meals to members convalescing or who have had a family death. Contact: Beth Hillhouse, email@example.com
24. Support new mothers. Contact: Anne Knox Averitt, firstname.lastname@example.org
25. Visit residents at Kirkwood by the River. Contact: Margaret Brunstad, email@example.com