IPC POSITION DESCRIPTION
Children’s Fresh Air Farm Director
· Supervise CFAF staff, including Administrative Assistant, Maintenance Helper, Educational Outreach Manager, and Seasonal Staff.
· Plan and coordinate the CFAF budget in consultation with Finance Office of IPC.
· Handle grant requests and congregational appeals.
· Oversee memorial contributions and thank you replies of all donations.
· Communicate mission to IPC and community stakeholders.
· Oversee and coordinate CFAF events calendar for IPC groups as well as community groups using the property.
· Develop and oversee plan for maintenance of CFAF facilities and supervise Maintenance staff and volunteers in executing that plan.
· Coordinate ordering of supplies for CFAF.
· Serve as a staff liaison with CFAF Committee and appropriate subcommittees.
· Plan and implement the Summer Learning Program.
Through the summer learning program at the Children’s Fresh Air Farm, Independent Presbyterian Church addresses the challenges faced by disadvantaged children, including summer learning loss, nutritional deficiencies, physical safety, and low self-esteem. Our mission is to nurture the children in mind, body, and spirit, by offering a program of excellence in academics, enrichment, physical education, and spiritual development.
· Plan and coordinate quarterly Saturday, a Spring Break Camp and Holiday Meal programs for Summer Learning scholars.
- Manage/execute the staffing (paid and volunteer) plan and subsequent hiring and training of staff. Manage and evaluate staff.
- Oversee selection and enrollment of scholars, including parent orientation and parent communication
- Prepare and manage the program budget.
- Oversee all aspects of program operations, including attendance, scholar evaluation and reports, administrative activity including payroll reporting, discipline, facilities, and safety.
- Provide communications to stakeholders.
- Oversee the assessment and ongoing longer-term planning for the program.
- Interface with Hayes Elementary School for Educational outreach.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
The ideal candidate will have:
Degree required, Masters in field of education or social work preferred.
Computer literacy, including in Windows and Excel.
Experience in educational programs for youth, ideally summer programs or school-based programs.
Passion for working with urban elementary school children.
Ability to manage a summer learning program committed to holistic development (intellectual, physical, emotional, and spiritual)
Ability to organize and lead a mix of paid and volunteer staff in an unstructured situation with many concurrent activities during the program development and planning phase of the program
A mature personality and a system of beliefs compatible with IPC’s theology, its approach to community ministries, and the goals of the summer learning program
will be required to complete IPC employment screening, which requires
disclosure of any history of criminal activity and/or sex offense. Upon
preliminary selection of a candidate, IPC will conduct a background check,
reference checks, and a pre-employment drug screen.